PHP.RUHR Web Development Conference Speaker Information
We're committed to bringing together some of the best speakers from all around the world to share their knowledge with you here. We provide a travel and accommodation package to all selected speakers to help make this possible.
About the event
The conference addresses developers and decision makers from companies and administrations. Main topics are professional web development and e-commerce. The main language of the conference is German. Talks can be given in German or English.
- 2019-11-06 09:00-17:00 Workshop Day
- 2019-11-07 08:00-18:00 Conference Day 1
- 2019-11-07 18:00-24:00 Casual networking evening
- 2019-11-08 08:00-16:00 Conference Day 2
The conference will take place in the stunning atmosphere of Germany's largest football stadium. The event complex is divided into three main areas:
- Developers Stage
- Exhibition & Expert Talks (Q&A)
- E-Commerce Lounge
There will be a separate venue for workshops.
Speakers will be provided with a projector, a wireless lapel microphone and a screen for their presentation (size depends on the room). Speakers should bring any equipment they need to connect to projectors (HDMI). WiFi is available throughout the entire event complex. It is suggested that you reduce your dependency on the in-house internet connection as possible.
This year's package
Our speaker package for this year's event includes:
- Full conference pass
- For speakers remote to the Area:
- Complimentary airfare/travel (if needed), for a 2nd class / economy ticket
- Complimentary hotel nights necessary for the talk/workshop (if needed)
- Lunch, receptions and activities included in regular conference
- Workshop trainers receive additional financial compensation on request
International speakers are encouraged to submit their ideas, but because of budget restrictions, we can only accept a limited number of speakers from outside the country.
Tips for Submission
We strongly encourage potential speakers to submit more than one submission on more than one topic. The more submissions you contribute, the more options you give us to pick you. Be sure your talk title and abstract define the exact topic you want to talk about and what you hope people will learn from the session. In previous years, some submissions sounded interesting but we just didn't have enough detail for them to make the final cut.
When the Call for Papers closes, the organizers will sort through the submissions, making their selections. Speakers will be notified as soon as the selection process has been completed.